Import Textile – How to purchase textile small quantity of goods from China
Import textile,purchase fabrics where and how? Small quantities order can be accepted?
When website(HUALLEN sportswear & outdoor fabric manufacturering) began to operate, we received many inquiries from many small buyers, they want to import products from China to sales in local area, and do a small business. Whoever, those inexperienced buyers do not have related trade experience, they just find a Chinese supplier, low-cost purchase products, door-to-door, and then sold at high prices in the local market.
But that was not the case, especially to purchase small quantities of products from China, small buyers will encounter a lot of problems, such as freight will be higher than the value of the product, or orders cannot reach the factory MOQ. In some cases, these buyers had to give up the small business.
In this article, we will detailed introduce how to import small quantities of products from China, as well as some of the issues that may be encountered in this process.
What is the definition of small business? What is the so-called small buyers?
Different enterprises, different people have different definitions of small business. Most of the procurement agents or consulting firms argued that small business was defined as annual amount of imports less than 500,000 US dollars. But for mostly entrepreneurs, this amount is too high, it is possible five years later, the amount of imports still cannot reach 500,000 US dollars, that is why small buyers are hard to find the right procurement agents or consulting firms to provide them with related services.
I will define the purchase amount of $ 5,00 to $ 5,000 per ticket for a small business (an order including different products). Based on this purchase amount, this quantity can also reach the order quantity of the factory under normal circumstance, so that the buyer can also purchase directly from the Chinese factory. 4 to 5 cubic meters of products most suitable for LCL. If less than 4-5 cubic meters, the entire import and export process will become cumbersome and expensive, which means that the single product price will become very high.
Small buyers are buyers and entrepreneurs who purchase value less than $200 per ticket. This article is mainly focused on helping them.
Which products are really fit for small buyers?
For importers who purchase more than $ 5,000 of single orders, they know what should they purchase and how to sell it. But small buyers do not know what they are buying or selling at the outset.
a. High profit or small in size product
Transportation is always a big problem for small buyers, because they can not meet requirements of LCL, usually less than 2 cubic meters. Therefore, they have to choose air delivery or Express, the costs will be 8 to 10 times LCL around.
Large size or large packaging products, like mug or teddy bear, which is not suitable for those small number of importers. Because the express costs and air freight costs are all calculated by the size. This means that your shipping costs are higher than the value of the product, and your competitors will cost 80% less than you, because they are shipped by LCL. So you have no chance to compete with them in the local market.
Therefore, the size in small, high value-added products became the first choice for mostly small importers. Freight is not too high, and sometimes with only one-tenth of the value of the product. Such as fashion accessories, small electronic products, watch strap and so on. Because the long shipping time, for mostly importers will not choose ship via sea, so you don’t worry about your sea freight will higher than the competitor.
b.Seeking for the interesting product, not the regular items.
Small order quantity of buyers should try to seek for this special and interesting item, and guarantee it cannot purchase from everywhere.
(RELATED: HIGH PROFIT AND SMALL SIZE FOR WHOLESALE LEGGINGS BUSINESS)
How small wholesale can find the precise China supplier?
Many small wholesalers will be looking for Chinese suppliers online, even for those who purchase large quantities of products buyers, (each order amount: 30,000-50,000 dollars) they rarely go to China to find suppliers in person unless they participate in some exhibitions in China. The reasons are as follows:
First of all, the cost is still quite high, airfare, hotel accommodation, transportation, etc., spend nearly 4,000 dollars per week. Second, it is not easy to find a reliable Chinese supplier unless you go to China’s wholesale market, such as Yiwu, or you have a good Chinese supplier before coming to China. In this case, you can buy this small quantity at high prices, and some suppliers can accept it. Do not try to persuade suppliers to accept your small order and claim that this is your trial order, and will place big orders in the future, it will waste your time only, because the Chinese suppliers would hear such excuse every day, and this argument is completely unconvincing.
How to transport goods from China while purchasing small quantity goods?
For small buyers, transportation is a vital problem, because in most cases, importing small quantities of products, international express has become the only mode of transport, but the delivery costs are too expensive, so small buyers have to give up importing from China.
- international express and air transportation
- International express is more fit for goods less than 300KG, and air transportation more suitable for goods more than 300KG.However, the import and export processes same as the sea transportation, also need to come to the airport to pick up your goods in person.
- Provide LCL service by shipping agent
- For small buyers, it is a good idea to choose LCL. Under normal circumstances, they will provide one-stop transportation services. They will handle customs clearance and transport matters well, and you just go to their warehouse to pick up your goods, and sometimes they also provide door-to-door service. Their price is also very affordable, even if you only transport 0.5 cubic meters of products, because the price of a container is usual shared by 10 to 40 customers. But it is hard to find such company nor every area has. It is best to ask some experienced importers, maybe he will know some of the relevant LCL shipping agent.
- Collecting the goods from different suppliers and transport together
- If you pruchase goods from different suppliers, then you can consider putting these goods together and send them out, to save shipping costs. Even if international express, Heavy goods are charged less than those charged by lighter goods. It makes shipping more meaningful. If you import five different products from five different suppliers, each product is 0.5 cubic meters, then you can consider putting them together and deliver by LCL. By this way, the transportation costs will be less 80% than international express. If you purchase goods from different suppliers, then you can consider putting these goods together and send them out, to save shipping costs. Even if international express, Heavy goods are charged less than those charged by lighter goods. It makes shipping more meaningful. If you import five different products from five different suppliers, each product is 0.5 cubic meters, then you can consider putting them together and deliver by LCL. By this way, the transportation costs will be less 80% than international express.
Therefore, you need someone help for you to piece together goods in china. Part of the solution is to find reliable freight forwarders who have own warehouses, and then you can use your warehouse to piece together goods (usually free). However, most of the freight forwarding has no their own warehouse, they take delivery of goods from different vendors only, and then sent to the LCL shipping company for container loading.
- Another solution is, to find a reliable supplier and persuade him to receipt of the goods from another suppliers, then advise freight forwarding to pick up goods. We strongly recommend that you try to integrate the goods together so that you can get more import experience. Congratulations! you have entered the first step in the expansion of the business, maybe next time, you can try to place larger orders.